Listen to the OT Schoolhouse Podcast
Earn professional development
You listened to the podcast, now earn professional development for doing so.
Earn 1 PDU or 1 contact hour toward your professional development requirements by listening to episode 28 of the OT Schoolhouse Podcast and taking a 10 question quiz to demonstrate learned knowledge.
In this professional development podcast course, you will be provided a thorough introduction to Independent Educational Evaluations by expert Danielle De Lorenzo, OTR/L. If you have been a school-based OT for a few year, you have likely been in a meeting where results of an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) were shared by an OT that has no affiliation with that school, district, or any part of the department of education. In this professional development podcast, Danielle shares how we can best prevent IEEs and how we can prepare for being in a meeting where an IEE is presented. She also shares what should be included in an IEE as an IEE evaluator.
Objectives for this Professional Development Podcast. Listeners will:
- Learn the primary reasons that lead to parents asking for an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) and what they can do to in an attempt to prevent IEEs
- Understand what an IEE looks like in a real situation and learn how to approach an IEP meeting when an IEE is being presented
- Learn the basics of providing and conducting an IEE as an outside evaluator.
What you will receive as part of this podcast course:
- References that go along with the show. The reference page consists of 6 articles and related documents that will assist you in feeling confident in dealing with IEEs.
- Upon passing the short quiz, you will be provided a certificate of completion to use for state licensure and/or national board certification renewal.