Listen to the
OT Schoolhouse Podcast
Earn professional development
You listened to the podcast, now earn professional development for doing so.
Earn 1 contact hour toward your professional development requirements by listening to episode 38 of the OT Schoolhouse Podcast and taking a 10 question quiz to demonstrate learned knowledge.
In this episode, Jayson interviews a fantastic group of OTs and OT students who share how they developed an evidence-based referral process and occupational therapy manual. This group has spent over a year together working on this manual for a school district in Southern California and recently presented their manual in a presentation at the Western Regional Occupational Therapy Symposium in San Diego. In this podcast, you will learn the steps taken to develop a School-based OT practice manual and how to set up a referral process based on the needs of your district.
Objectives for this Professional Development Podcast. Listeners will:
- Identify and understand the need for an educational occupational therapy manual within a school setting and how to develop/ modify/ implement an educational occupational therapy manual within a school district
- Demonstrate the ability to identify how an occupational therapist can assist teachers in general education through the use of RtI (Response to Intervention) via collaboration and consultation.
- Educate and empower all teachers and district staff on how an occupational therapist can provide strategies to support all students foundational fine motor and sensory processing skills necessary for optimal engagement in academic tasks.
What you will receive as part of this podcast course:
- A download with the corresponding Powerpoint slides and supporting documents.
- Upon passing the short quiz, you will be provided a certificate of completion to use for state licensure and/or national board certification renewal.